Tour Begins Thursday, May 25 in Santa Ana, CA | Tickets @ www.oteploves.me
Groundbreaking art-rock performer, author and spoken word artist OTEP shook up the states earlier this year with her popular “The Resistance” World Tour performances – potent, engaging exhibitions of activism awareness spreading the vital word on equal rights, social education and political enlightenment. Back by popular demand, OTEP is launching a second extension of the tour, beginning on May 25 in Santa Ana, CA and visiting over 30 more states through July 5. See below for all confirmed tour dates.
Featuring both musical selections from OTEP‘s extensive music catalog (including her most recent album, Generation Doom, which debuted at #4 on the Hard Rock Chart among others and spawned two Top 40 singles), as well as moments of spoken word and uplifting crowd participation, “The Resistance” World Tour and OTEP follow in the footsteps of fellow activism-focused recording artists like Prophets of Rage, Woodie Guthrie and others as the next, most aggressive chapter of musical social change. “The Resistance” world tour brings the movement to your backyard.
Tickets are on sale now via www.oteploves.me. For a taste of the energy and passion attendees will witness at each “The Resistance” World Tour stop, watch the music video for OTEP‘s powerful single, “Equal Rights, Equal Lefts”, here.
OTEP states, “After 100 days of Trump, I miss George W. Bush and I’m a bleeding heart liberal. The second leg of ‘The Resistance’ tour will be an increased celebration of music and poetry dedicated to all of us who are actively resisting the Liar-and-Thief Donald Chump. For those artists who remain silent during these times of crisis, I say, ‘Shame on you.’ To quote Nina Simone, ‘An artist’s duty, as far as I’m concerned, is to reflect the times.’ So to those who stand with us, I say, ‘Thank you, from all of us, thank you.’ Music is one of the most powerful forms of art and has proven, throughout our own national history, to empower social change. RESIST.”
Read OTEP‘s powerful statement on the anti-LGBT purge in Chechnya, posted just now via Alternative Press: http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/otep_releases_powerful_statement_on_anti_lgbt_purge_in_chechnya
OTEP “The Resistance” Second Leg World Tour U.S. Dates
- 5/25 – Santa Ana, CA @ Constellation Room
- 5/27 – Gallup, NM @ The Juggernaut
- 5/29 – Austin, TX @ Dirty Dog Bar
- 5/30 – Monroe, LA @ Live Oaks Bar & Ballroom
- 6/1 – Tallahassee, FL @ The Warrior
- 6/2 – Jacksonville, FL @ 1904 Music Hall
- 6/3 – St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theatre
- 6/4 – Winter Park, FL @ The Haven
- 6/5 – Pensacola, FL @ Vinyl Music Hall
- 6/6 – Nashville, TN @ Exit/In
- 6/7- Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
- 6/9 – Easton, PA @ One Center Square
- 6/10 – Falls Church, VA @ The State Theatre
- 6/11 – Baltimore, MD @ Fish Head Cantina
- 6/12 – New York, NY @ Webster Hall
- 6/13 – Amityville, NY @ Revolution
- 6/14 – Stanhope, NJ @ Stanhope House
- 6/15 – New Haven, CT @ Toad’s Place
- 6/16 – Rochester, NY @ Montage Music Hall
- 6/17 – Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Ballroom
- 6/18 – Westland, MI @ Token Lounge
- 6/20 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Diesel
- 6/21 – Indianapolis, IN @ Emerson Theater
- 6/22 – Berwyn, IL @ The Wire
- 6/23 – Marietta, OH @ Adelphia Music Hall
- 6/24 – Cincinnati, OH @ Madfrog
- 6/25 – Louisville, KY @ Trixie’s Entertainment Complex
- 6/27 – St. Paul, MN @ Amsterdam Bar and Hall
- 6/28 – Waterloo, IA @ Spicoli’s Grill
- 6/30 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Thunder Alley
- 7/1 – Tulsa, OK @ The Shrine
- 7/3 – Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad
- 7/5 – Mesa, AZ @ Club Red
OTEP is an explosion of inspiration and motivation, empowered by their dedication to the arts, being a voice for the voiceless and fighting injustice.
Originally discovered by Jack and Sharon Osbourne in Los Angeles, OTEP was offered to play Ozzfest as an unsigned band and was the first female fronted band to play the touring festival. She signed with legendary label Capitol Records, without a demo, after only five live shows, and strictly on the power of her live performance. OTEP has gone on to record six studio albums, an EP and a live album.
Nominated by GLAAD for Outstanding Artist Award alongside Lady Gaga and Adam Lambert, she won MTV’s prestigious Best Video for “Music With A Message” award. The singer, writer and activist spoke at the Democratic National Convention in 2008 on behalf of Rock The Vote. A celebrated spoken word artist, OTEP has appeared on HBO’s Def Poetry twice, recorded an unreleased poetry album and authored three books of poetry. She has also authored a book of short stories titled Movies In My Head and produced and directed an audiobook of one of the stories titled Pinebox Jake. Utilizing her incredibly dynamic vocal range, OTEP also succeeds as a voiceover artist, appearing in many projects such as the award-winning video game The Last Of Us and in feature films including THE HOBBIT: The Battle Of The Five Armies. Her live performances alongside her very talented band have been described as a “complete mutiny of the senses” – combining spoken word with a cathartic range of emotional screams and soft melodies over an equally bedlamite alchemy of masterful music. Armed with the lethality of master artists, they continue to inspire and crush live shows around the world.
Pick up OTEP‘s latest full-length release, Generation Doom, here. With OTEP Shamaya’s multifaceted vocal approach – ranging from gut wrenching roars to soft seductive poetry and beautiful singing showcasing her evolution as a writer and story teller – Generation Doom erupts with thunderous, punishing grooves that harmoniously detonate into dark industrial fury with magma flows of hard rock melodies that seamlessly shapeshift into a mysterious musical beast. The album won the Metal/Alternative Album of the Year award in 2016 from Underground Australia.